Things to Know about Moving to India
India, the second most populated country in the world with a population of 1.13 billion citizens, is becoming the overseas home for many companies all over the globe. However, moving to India takes a lot of preparation. We suggest you stay as organized as possible. You may even want to begin by creating a time table from which you can work to keep yourself on schedule. Make sure you commission an overseas moving company that understands the finer details of moving to India, such as customs regulations and visa requirements. Also, it is important to research the requirements and regulations regarding shipping your pet overseas when moving to India. Many countries require certain documents, vaccinations and even quarantines. Contact the Indian Consulate in your local area for more information on how to obtain a visa as well as the regulations associated with transporting your pet overseas. Once you have obtained your visa, I Love Moving will help you gather the proper documents for moving to India and ensuring that your shipment passes through customs smoothly. When moving to India, I Love Moving suggests you consider downsizing prior to packing and shipping your household goods. Odds are your new home in India will be smaller than your current home. It is probably best to sell, donate or throw away any extra furniture that is not essential. If you do not plan to stay in India long-term or intend to eventually purchase a larger home, consider storing your goods. We have a secured, environment-controlled storage facility capable of storing anything from furniture to priceless works of art. This can be a great option for many families who intend to rent when moving to India prior to purchasing a long-term home. India is a beautiful country filled with a broad spectrum of colors and scents, history and culture.
We can help you!
Whether you’re moving to India or any other international location, it is vital that you find an international moving company that you can trust to get your shipment there safely, soundly and in the same condition you shipped it. Unfortunately, there are many overseas moving companies that claim to be the best, but they fall short of what a REAL professional overseas moving company should look and act like. When looking for an overseas moving company, try to find one that looks similar to I Love Moving, an international moving company with over a decade of experience successfully relocating families, individuals and corporate employees from and to destinations all over the globe:
• Specialized overseas moving business with over a decade of experience relocating customers worldwide
• Licensed by the Federal Maritime Commission as a Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier (NVOCC) as well as the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
• FREE consultations with a relocation specialist to assist you in planning your move to India
• Competitive rates in the industry
• Many referrals available to share from satisfied customers scattered across the globe
• Worldwide network of reliable shipping agents allows us to move clients smoothly from and to any location worldwide
• Dedicated staff of overseas moving professionals who hold excellent customer service as a top priority
• Exclusive ownership of a fully secured, environmentally-controlled warehouse facility available to clients who wish to store goods before or after moving to Bangladesh.
You also want to make sure that whichever company you choose is affiliated with the right organizations. I Love Moving is proud to be affiliated with or members of some of the following:
• Employee Relocation Council/Worldwide ERC®
• Foreign Commerce Club of New York
• IAM (International Association of Movers)
• NY/NJ Foreign Freight Forwarders & Brokers Association Inc.
• YP 25 (Young International Movers)
Whether you’re ready to move overseas now or planning on moving to India in the future, I Love Moving would be more than happy to answer any of your questions and help you put your best foot forward on your quest to find the best overseas moving company.